Welcome to this little website. My name is Yorhel a.k.a. Yoran Heling a.k.a. Ayo. I spend a fair amount of my free time developing and contributing to free and open source software. This website is home to several of these projects.
This site isn't really a complete portfolio. There's a bunch of projects for which I never got around to creating a homepage, and some others that have an entire website of their own. A slightly more complete list can be found on my cgit instance, but that isn't entirely comprehensive, either.
I hope that you will find something useful among the selection of software or the incidental article on this site. Enjoy your stay!
2020-06-10- ncdu 1.15.1 released
- Fixes two bugs introduced in 1.15: Fix building on older Linux systems and revert to the old follow-firmlinks-by-default behavior on macOS. Ncdu homepage - Changelog.
2020-05-30- ncdu 1.15 released
- This release adds support for excluding Linux pseudo filesystems (
--exclude-kernfs), detects and skips MacOS firmlinks by default (old behavior is available through
--follow-firmlinks) and fixes a few bugs. Ncdu homepage - Changelog.
2020-02-10- ncdu 1.14.2 released
- Another minor bugfix release. This fixed compilation on GCC 10, reduces memory usage for hardlink detection a little bit and fixes a minor display issue when scanning more than 10 million files. Ncdu homepage - Changelog.
2019-08-13- New article: From SQL to Nested Data Structures
- How to easily fetch complex nested data structures from a normalized relational database. Read more.
2019-08-05- ncdu 1.14.1 released
- A minor bugfix release. This fixes the
--exclude-cachesoption, intermittend early exit on OS X and improves handling of out-of-memory scenarios. Ncdu homepage - Changelog.
2019-07-06- TUWF 1.3.1 & 1.4 released
- Just fixes a minor issue with the tests on older Perls. Homepage - Changelog
2019-06-17- TUWF 1.3 released
- This release introduces a new and much more flexible data validation module to replace the old
kv_validate(). Validation schemas defined this way can also be used for JSON coercion, HTML5 validation pattern generation and code generation for Elm - but those features are all still somewhat experimental and undocumented. Additionally there's now an option to have outgoing emails written to the log file instead of actually sending them, which is useful when debugging. Homepage - Changelog
2019-06-03- ncdc 1.22.1 released
- This release fixes a segfault that may happen when connecting with other ADC clients. This bug was introduced in 1.22. Additionally, static binaries are now available for AArch64. Homepage - Changelog.
2019-05-14- New article: Fast Key Lookup with a Small Read-Only Database
- How to quickly check if a password is in a large (but nicely compressed) dictionary. Some code and a few benchmarks. Read more.
2019-04-30- ncdc 1.22 released
- There has been a little bit of renewed interest since the 1.21 release, so we have a few (small) new features and improvements. It's now possible to browse someone's file list directly from the connections tab, there's support for multiple upload slots per user and support for ALPN on TLS hubs. Homepage - Changelog.
2019-03-26- ncdc 1.21 released
- A long-overdue release of ncdc with some improvements that have been sitting idle in the git repository for far too long. This release adds support for libmaxminddb, free slot broadcasting, skipping downloading files you already have and indicating shared/queued files in the search window and file browser. Homepage - Changelog.
2019-03-23- Bug tracker migration to Gitea
The bug trackers that used to be embedded in this website have now been migrated to Gitea issues. The bug trackers of the following projects can now be found at these new locations:
2019-02-04- ncdu 1.14 released
- This release adds mtime display & sorting, a limited form of --follow-symlinks, can display larger file counts in the file browser and fixes a few bugs you weren't likely to trigger anyway. Ncdu homepage - Changelog.
2018-02-23- nginx-confgen 1.2 released
- This release significantly improves the parser to accept more syntax and fixes string quoting, variable formatting and escape sequences. Homepage - Changelog.
2018-02-18- TUWF 1.2 released
- This release includes a large number of API additions to improve ergonomics and adds support for a build-in web server, JSON requests/responses and a whole lot more. Homepage - Changelog.
2018-01-29- ncdu 1.13 released
- This release adds color support and an extended information mode, keeping track of file mode, ownership and modification times. Also fixes a few bugs. Ncdu homepage - Changelog.